NEW: Important information for coaches!
Download the info sheet here: 2012 Coaches Information
1. Pay your invoices ASAP. Varsity must be paid by all teams and JV is up to each individual school (JV is $15 per wrestler- only the first 240 will be allowed in). I have some start-up costs and need your fees.
2. Coaches will be responsible for entering the names of their wrestlers online for seeding purposes. Separate Seeding sheets will be sent. They are time sensitive – Please follow the directions carefully!
3. Weigh-ins start at 2 pm on Friday, December 7. Do Not arrive before 1pm – Doors don’t open until 1pm. Scales will be available but absolutely no weight cutting will be allowed. Saturday doors open at 8:00 am with an 8:30 weigh-in.
4. We currently have 29 teams – with room for 3 more if you know anybody interested!
5. Several changes to the JV to make it better : 1. limited entry of 240 ALMOST FULL (18 per team including SDHS) wrestlers. 2. JV fees are pre-paid 3. Madison weights 4. Trying to go to an announcer less system for a more quiet venue. So paying attention to the weight classes and mat numbers will make things run smoother
6. The WYCC will not allow food or coolers to be brought into the arena. Wrestlers may bring in a water bottle and there bags. Please plan ahead for this issue as well as make parents aware of it.
7. Wrist bands for entry to the tournament will be strictly given out per the following chart:
Each team will only get 3 floor passes which includes your food passes.
Regardless of varsity or JV entries, so plan ahead with your coaches and managers.
Cost for entry this year will be $15 for a day pass, $20 for the weekend.
8. WYCC address is 500 Glen Avenue, Salisbury, Md 21801 – 410-548-4900.
9. Hotel Rooms should be booked ASAP. Participating Hotels are on the website at:
11. Good Luck and Hope to see you soon!
12. Contact me with any Questions – at firstname.lastname@example.org or 443-614-2743
– Todd Martinek